- Best Kitchen Faucets Comparison
- Types of Kitchen Faucets
- Reviews of the Top 5 Kitchen Faucets
- Everything you need to know
- Things to Look for when choosing
A good kitchen faucet can make all the difference in how elegant and nice your kitchen looks. The kitchen is the most important room in your home, and the kitchen faucet often acts as the centerpiece. Are you ready to find the best kitchen faucet for your home?
Well, we've got you covered here. We provide in-depth and helpful reviews of all the best kitchen faucets on the market today, complete with a hands-on summary and where you can find the best deals.
To get you started, we've put together a comparison chart of the top 10 best kitchen faucets available today. If you can't wait to get down to business, you can check out our top kitchen faucet choice on Amazon by clicking here!
Best Kitchen Faucets Comparison
Remodeling your kitchen is no small feat; it is one of the most time consuming and challenging tasks you will face. Hiring a good, local contractor to help with your remodel is great. But let's fact it... they can be pretty much useless when it comes to deciding on the fine details of design.
What kitchen faucet will look best with your newly designed kitchen sink? Replacing the kitchen faucets doesn’t have to be limited to a full remodel either; leaky or outdated faucets are more than enough reason to purchase a new one. It's usually easier and gives you more peace of mind than fixing them.
Types of Kitchen Faucets
All kitchens have different needs when it comes to choosing a good faucet. This guide to the 4 main types of kitchen faucet that are commonly found will help you choose the one that will suit your kitchen the best.
- Pullout. A pullout faucet is great if you find that you struggle to wash pans and larger pots. The faucet pulls out easily to around 20 inches with the use of an extending hose, which can ensure that you can easily reach pans and larger items to wash, or even use it to fill a stove pan. Once you’ve finished, the pullout faucet will gently retract to it’s original position again.
- Pull-Down. Similar to the pullout faucet, but looking a little more professional is the pull-down faucet. These still make use of an extending hose system, but instead pull down from the structure of the faucet. If you need to position your faucet higher than a faucet would normally be positioned, or if you simply want to fill or wash large pans without difficulty, a pull-down faucet would make a stylish and highly functional addition to your kitchen.
- Single-Handle. Many faucets for other rooms in the home as well as popular kitchen faucets employ a single lever or handle system. This allows the faucet to be controlled with ease. The handle doesn’t need to be attached to the faucet itself either, as some designs allow the lever to be wall mounted or mounted separately to the faucet. The single handled faucet controls both the temperature of the water and the flow too.
- Two-Handle. A two-handle faucet is probably one of the most common types of designer faucet and has been available for a while. These function similarly to the single handled faucet, but uses two separate handles. Each handle controls a different temperature and a singular spout allows the water temperatures to mix as the water flows from the faucet, giving you the perfect temperature.
Reviews of the Top 5 Kitchen Faucets
Kraus KPF-2250 Kitchen Faucet
When you purchase the Kraus KPF-2250 kitchen faucet, you can expect a sleep and versatile faucet that provides you with convenience and comfort.
If you’re looking for a pullout kitchen faucet, then this is a great option. It includes single hole mounting to ensure that you can easily attach it to your sink. A powerful spray of water means that you’ll have your dishes done in no time.
Features of the Kraus KPF-2250
The Kraus KPF-2250 is a great choice as it has so many great features to help make cooking and washing up as simple as possible.
- Lead-free Construction. With lead free pipes and solder being used in plumbing, it is important to choose a lead free faucet too. The Kraus KPF-2250 uses lead-free construction so you can be sure that your water will be lead free and safe for you and your family.
- Single-lever operation. Single lever faucets are popular as they are easy to control. The ergonomic design of the lever allows you to effortlessly operate the faucet.
- Swivel motion spout. To make the most of the space that you have in your sink, the Kraus KPF-2250 offers a swivel motion spout. This is a highly sought-after feature, especially in sinks that are smaller, to avoid having to struggle getting larger pans to fit under the faucet.
- Pullout sprayer. Probably one of the most useful features of the Kraus KPF-2250 is that it features a pullout spray design. There are two settings so you can control the flow and direction of the spray and the smooth retractable hose design allows you to effortlessly direct water into the pan or over the items that you are trying to wash. This helps eliminate the chances of damaging your tableware in the sink whilst you’re washing it and means you don’t have to train either.
When choosing the best kitchen faucet for your needs, the Kraus KPF-2250 can offer you all kinds of great advantages.
- Great design. This faucet is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it also allows complete versatility. It is easy to turn on and off with the use of the single lever.
- Pullout faucet feature. When you want to fill large pans, you can do so without struggling using the pullout hose. The spout has 2 spray settings to give you as many options as possible.
- Single hole mount. This means that you can mount the faucet on any sink. If you have more than one mounting hole point on your sink, you can always use any additional points for other accessories.
Whilst the design of the Kraus KPF-2250 is magnificent, it may not be as durable as some other faucets on the market. Whilst the body is made of strong metal that is lead free, the pullout spray spout part is actually made from plastic. With a finish that visually looks like metal, you don’t need to worry about the faucet not fitting into your kitchen, however it may feel a little less than excellent quality.
This is a stylish and versatile faucet that can provide you with some great advantages. With a lead free body and useful pullout hose, you will love the design. The Kraus KPF-2250 also offers the possibility to be installed into almost any sink, as it only requires one mounting hole. It’s the perfect option for many modern kitchens.
Rozinsanitary Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
For a truly modern and useful kitchen faucet, look no further than the .. This kitchen faucet is not only great in looks, but it also offers some great features and will be a useful addition to have in any kitchen.
Features of the Rozinsanitary Pull Down
If you’re looking for a faucet that can offer total versatility in the kitchen, then the Rozinsanitary Pull Down faucet is sure to come out tops. Just check out these great features for just a few reasons why it could be the best accessory for your kitchen. From the design to the functionality, this faucet really delivers.
- Pull-down mixer. Pull-down mixer faucets are becoming very popular and it’s not hard to see why. This Rozinsanitary Pull Down faucet offers you the ability to really reach into those larger and more difficult to wash pans and can be useful if you have a particularly large or twin sink too. An extending hose allows you to have that extra reach whilst counterweights ensure that the spray head returns back to its starting position gently.
- Swivel spout. The swivel spout feature on this faucet allows you to easily move the faucet out of the way when you don’t need it, give yourself extra room to work in, or use the faucet between two sink bowls. It’s probably the feature you never knew you needed.
- Stunning design. The Rozinsanitary pull down faucet looks incredible. Its array of finishes will suit any modern or contemporary kitchen design whilst the coiled spring pull down design adds an almost futuristic look to this kitchen faucet.
- The body of this Rozinsanitary faucet is constructed from solid brass, which is lead-free and safe for your drinking water. With lead free construction in plumbing pipework and other materials, it makes sense to ensure that your faucets are lead-free too.
- For a lower price than many of it's competitors, this is a great value kitchen faucet that is certain to impress.
- This faucet from Rozinsanitary is simple to install, as it only requires one mount point. You can opt to fill any remaining mount points that you have on your sink with additional accessories such as a soap dispenser.
Some things to keep in mind: although the Rozinsanitary is a useful kitchen faucet, it is quite large, and may not be suitable for smaller kitchens. If you have a smaller kitchen with a smaller sink, you may want to consider another option for your kitchen faucet to ensure that you can get the most out of the space that you do have.
This is a stunning faucet that can provide you with plenty of versatility, especially if you have a larger sink, such as a dual bowl style. The Rozinsanitary pull-down kitchen faucet is sure to give your kitchen the ‘wow’ factor that you’ve been searching for.
Delta Faucet 9178
This review of the . highlights just how useful this modern and attractive kitchen faucet could be for your home.
It features a design that is very popular these days and can offer some great advantages over comparable products on the market.
Features of the Delta Faucet 9178
When you’re looking for a good kitchen faucet, the 9178-AR-DST from Delta has some features that are definitely worth looking into.
- Choose your finish. You can choose from 4 different finishes when you purchase the 9178-AR-DST kitchen faucet. The four finishes include arctic stainless steel, stainless, chrome and Venetian Bronze. These various finish options allow you to match the kitchen faucet to most kitchen designs unlike most faucets that only offer a single finish type.
- Swivel spout. The 9178-AR-DST features a swivel motion spout. Swivel spouts are popular because they easily swing 90 degrees to the left or right, giving the user complete flexibility when using the sink. If you have a larger pan or item that you can’t fit into your sink without struggling to get around the faucet, you can simply swivel the spout out of the way.
- Pull-down sprayer. When you want to fill a pan that you don’t want to lift in and out of the sink, if you have a larger tub, or if you simply want to make using your kitchen more simple, you can use the pull down sprayer, which incorporates an extending hose, to make life easier.
- Single-level operation. This kitchen faucet has a single lever, which allows you to control both the flow and temperature of the water from the spout. Not only that, but the lever has a sleek, curved design that makes it stand out from most other faucet designs.
There are several advantages of the Dela 9178 that make it an attractive option if you're in the market for a kitchen faucet.
- The Delta 9178-AR-DST features the unique Diamond seal technology system that is provided only be Delta. This incorporates a ‘diamond’ seal, which is so durable that the seal in the faucet’s valves is unlikely to ever fail over the lifetime of the faucet. You can have the piece of mind that this faucet will last for along time.
- The 9178 is both Stylish and timeless. Because it is so durable. You can be sure that this faucet will be able to transition from one kitchen suite to the next. With choices of finish, you can be sure that you will find the faucet you want.
- This faucet features the swivel motion that is popular these days. Being able to swing the faucet out of the way is a definite advantage for any faucet.
The Delta 9178-AR-DST is a little pricier than some other kitchen faucets on the market, but if you do have a larger budget for your kitchen accessories, the additional quality and the choice in designs is worth the additional cost.
When you want a kitchen faucet that is not only good looking, but that is also easy to install, you should always try to buy as good as you can afford. The Delta 9178-AR-DST Pull Down is a great model of faucet to choose, as it offers complete durability both in quality and design as well as choice when it comes to choosing the perfect finish for your kitchen.
Moen 7594SRS Kitchen Faucet
The Moen 7594SRS is a great kitchen faucet that can provide you with plenty of features when you install it in your kitchen.
Moen is a manufacturer that you can trust, and these are kitchen faucets that can last for as long as you need them to. You’ll love the design of this faucet too.
Features of the Moen 7594SRS
All The features that his Moen faucet provides gives you plenty of reasons to choose it over other kitchen faucets of the same price range. You can give your kitchen a thoroughly modern feel whilst enjoying the piece of mind that this faucet will last as long as possible.
- Swivel spout. The swivel spout on the 7594SRS allows you to easily move the faucet out of the way when you want to get more room in your sink. Perhaps you want to place a particularly larger pan in the sink or you may just want to move the spout to aim towards another part of the sink. This spout allows you to do this with ease.
- Pull down hose. The 7594SRS features a pull-down hose, which has an aerator at the end. Because the aerator wand pulls down, it is less likely to stay out at you like the pullout wands can do, and it also has an added flexibility.
- Pause button. This faucet features a pause button that allows you to easily stop the flow of the water whilst you are returning the aerator sprayer back to its original position. If you’ve ever used a pullout or pull-down faucet before, you’ll be aware of just how easy it is to accidentally spray outside the sink when trying to return the aerator back to the spout, so this is a great feature.
Here are some of our favorite advantages of the 7594SRS.
- A hydrolock hose connection allows you to easily install this faucet. You don’t need any special tools to connect the hose to your existing pipework, so if you wanted to, you could install this faucet yourself. It also uses just one installation mount point.
- This faucet is made from a metal compound that won’t succumb to staining from hard water or fingerprints. You may have noticed that some faucets can result in having spots or marks on the finish, but you wont get that with the 7594SRS.
- Being able to swivel the spout out of the way as well as having a pull down hose feature gives you as much flexibility as you could possibly need from a kitchen faucet to make work in the kitchen as convenient as possible.
The 7594SRS, unlike its upgraded counterpart, the 7594ESRS, doesn’t feature a motion sensor. There are not a great number of faucets that do, but if you have a little more to spend, you may wish to upgrade to the motion detect model of faucet for added simplicity.
The Moen 7594SRS kitchen faucet is a great choice when you’re looking for something that can provide you with ultimate flexibility and convenience in the kitchen whilst giving you style too. Along with its pause button, this faucet can offer great functionality for any kitchen.
Vapsint Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet
The Vapsint brushed nickel faucet is not only from a highly reputable faucet manufacturer, but it is also a useful and versatile faucet that can provide many benefits to most kitchen designs.
With a pullout design, you can be sure of convenience in the kitchen as well as various other advantages to choosing this faucet.
Vapsint is a well-known brand of plumbing products, and when you choose this faucet, you can be sure to get the same great quality that you should expect from this manufacturer. There are plenty other advantages however to choosing this faucet.
- Pull-out design. This Vapsint faucet ensures that you can get all your jobs done with a pullout sprayer design. Whilst most pullout designs pull forward, this spout is at an angle, so the pullout motion is more diagonal than horizontal. This can help prevent splashes.
- Single-handle operation. The pullout faucet from Vapsint is easy to operate, as it uses a single handle to control both the flow and the temperature of the water. You don't need to worry about having both hands free when you need to operate this faucet in a hurry.
- Spot resist. If you live in an area that has hard water, then this is a particularly useful feature. The Vapsint faucet is made from a metal that will not rust, tarnish or show marks and this is covered by a lifetime guarantee too. Whilst it's important to have functionality from your kitchen faucet, when you are trying to give your kitchen as stylish a look as possible, it is also important that your accessories look as good as possible for a long time.
Advantages of the Vapsint Brushed Nickel
- With most other faucets, you couldn't expect a warranty of more than a year or two on the visual design of the faucet. Typical scrapes and knocks are likely to cause scratches and marks, whilst hard water can cause tarnishing. This faucet however comes with a lifetime warranty to give you peace of mind against tarnishing and marking, which is especially useful if you live in an area that has hard water.
- You can rest assured that this faucet will never develop noises or leak as it uses ceramic seals. These are proven to be highly durable and protect the valves of the faucet against wear and tear.
- Single hole mount for easy installation.
It is a shame that the aerator at the end of the spot on this faucet is plastic. It does let it down slightly, but it is not visually obvious and the part is made from good quality materials that should last. You should probably still take care to be careful with this attachment.
This kitchen faucet is a great choice as it provides versatility and convenience in the kitchen. You can be sure that the Vapsint pullout faucet will last a long time as it has ceramic seals, as well as offering a lifetime warranty on the faucet's finish.
Everything you need to know
When adding the final touches to your kitchen keep in mind that your choices are a direct reflection of your style and your personality, so you want to do it right. Finding the right kitchen faucet can be a bit overwhelming, trust us, we know just how many choices you have to sort through when you walk into your local home improvement store. While all of the choices can be a bit overwhelming, finding the perfect faucet is not impossible.
To find the perfect faucet you need to take things one small step at a time, all while considering all of your options. To help make things easier here is a complete kitchen faucet buyer’s guide you can use.
Things to Look for when choosing
Buying the best kitchen faucet can be a daunting experience, and to make sure that you get the right faucet for your needs is very important.
A faucet provides a major function in the kitchen, as you’ll be using it to do your washing up and to fill pans with water to be used in cooking. There are some important things to consider when you are choosing the faucet for your kitchen.
- Price. Of course, you probably have a budget for your kitchen, and that is fine, but you should make sure that you try to put as much money aside as possible for your faucet. More expensive faucets are usually better quality, whilst with cheaper faucets that you could probably find on eBay or similar can’t guarantee you any sort of decent warranty. Make sure that you opt for a faucet that is made from 100% metal if you can.
- Usage. Choosing a 100% metal faucet has more advantages than simply being better quality. If your whole family is using the faucet, perhaps with heavy handed family members, you should expect a faucet that can withstand the additional use that you may exert on it. A faucet that is made with as much metal as possible will ensure that it is strong enough to last.
- Installation. Different faucets have different mounting options. Some use four point mountings whilst others have only one point. You should check what installation options your sink offers to make sure that you’re getting a faucet that can actually be used with your sink. Of course, if you only have one hole for installation, you’ll only be able to have a single point faucet, but if your have more, you could always use other accessories in the additional holes if you don’t want to use them all.
- Finish. In order to make your faucet fit in with the rest of your décor, you can choose from brass finishes, chrome, basic metal finish or oil rubbed bronze. There are also plenty of different styles to choose from so you can choose the perfect faucet for your kitchen.
When you choose a faucet for your kitchen you will receive several benefits in comparison to choosing a standard faucet or one that is not suitable for your kitchen.
You will find that many problems that you currently have or would experience with the wrong faucet installed would be fixed with a more suitable faucet.
- Space. If you have space issues in your kitchen and struggle to wash larger items or find it a strain to fill larger pans, choosing a different faucet would definitely help you. A pull-down or pullout faucet has the advantage of having an extending hose, which allows you to reach those difficult larger items. You can also find that a better faucet could use the space you have better. Higher curved spouts can give you more room below the faucet to fit your larger pans and faucets that you can swing out of the way can give you better access to your sink area.
- Money Saving. Newer designs of faucets often have water-restricting valves and can regulate the flow of water that your faucet provides. Many households have a metered water system that charges homeowners based on the amount of water used. If you have a modern faucet that restricts the water flow, you can make sure that you cut down on your water bill as much as possible.
- Less Noise. Some faucets can be very loud, producing either whistling, humming or knocking sound. This noise is usually caused by water not passing through the faucet properly, usually due to a faulty or damaged valve. The damage creates air bubbles in the inner workings of the faucet, resulting in whistling sounds, or can cause vibrations. Over time this can even damage your faucet and this is where you start to notice dripping.
- Reliable Water Flow. A modern and good quality kitchen faucet can ensure that your experience with using the faucet is as good as possible. Older or cheaper faucets can cause irregular water flow, which results in water that doesn’t flow at a consistent speed and even water that splutters in bursts out of the faucet. You can eliminate these problems with a modern faucet.
How many holes?
When you look at your newly installed kitchen sink or even your old kitchen sink if you are just replacing an old leaky faucet, you will see a specific number of holes located along the top of the sink where the faucet is designed to go. The number of predrilled holes can range from one to 4, depending on what faucet you are replacing or what new sink you are getting.
Your best bet is to choose a faucet that has the same number of holes as your sink, but that is not your only option. If you really like a specific faucet and it requires 1 hole for installation, you can always opt for a base plate to cover the remaining holes. They also make covers for holes not covered by the base plate. Drilling extra holes is NOT recommended.
Wall mountings inks are not as popular, but they are still an option that you will need to consider. Most people find that a wall mount sink sounds good, but looks more like something that belongs in a bath tub or even a utility sink.
The benefit to a wall mount faucet is less clutter on your kitchen counters, which is great for people who are repulsed by clutter. Wall mounting sinks leave no holes in the sink itself, so if you are simply switching faucets you will have to deal with the gaping holes that need to be covered.
How many handles?
Most kitchen faucets that you come across are going to offer a single handle. You can find
A single handle faucet allows you to choose a design where the handle is on the top or side of the faucet, making it ideal for clearance issues. One of the great things about the single handle is that you never lose the temperature setting when you turn the faucet on and off; it just takes the water a minute or two to reach the desired temperature.
What about spout style?
The spout style is just as important, if not more important, as the handle style. With
Your traditional fixed spout, also referred to as a stationary spout, offers you very little flexibility. The fixed spout means you can move the stream of water from one side of the sink to the other, but other than that your movement is restricted. You cannot place the stream wherever you need it, as you can with the pullout and pull down spout styles.
In order to have more options with a traditional faucet you can add a spray attachment to your sink, but that requires a separate installation.
Both pull down and pullout faucets offer you the ability to move the stream of water to wherever it may be needed. The difference between the two styles is the head. With a pullout faucet you pull the faucet head straight out, where as with the pull down faucet the head pulls straight down. Another difference between the two styles is the grip area.
Many consumers report that a pullout spray faucet offers more grip area, making it quite comfortable to use. The pull down faucet style might not have as large of a grip area, but they usually have taller spout styles and come with 3 spray options compared to the two offered with most pullout styles.
Considering the spouts shape
If you are shopping around for kitchen faucets,
Different sized faucets are available so you can choose the size that works best for your sink. Having too small or too big of a faucet will create problems when trying to create that perfect look. The good news when it comes to size is that many styles are offered in a variety of sizes so you can find the right size for your current needs without sacrificing on style.
Now when trying to figure out the shape of your spout, personal preference is going to play a big part in the decision. However, you will also want to take into consideration about how the spout will work with your sink. Curved spouts, which you can also be referred to as arc spouts or even goose-neck spouts, are a very popular, but can create splashing issues in sinks that are to shallow.
Your straight, traditional spouts don’t create splashing issues, they are more compact than arced spouts, but they can make it difficult to fill larger pots. Traditional faucets generally do NOT come with pullout or pull down faucet heads. When picking the style, make sure you take into consideration how far the faucet head is going to swing, you want to be able to cover as much of the sink has possible.
What materials are used?
One of the most interesting things about faucets is the way that they look. Just glancing at a faucet is not going to tell you what they are made of, even though you might have your own guesses. What you might find interesting though is with faucets, no matter what they look like, majority of them are made from brass.
This can be concerning to consumers because brass contains lead and the last thing you want is lead in your drinking water. Luckily, with faucets you are protected by the Safe Drinking Water Act, which reduces the amount of lead that manufacturers can use in the brass. Even better is manufacturers are trying to reduce the amount from 8% to even lower numbers on their own.
Different options for finishes
While majority of faucets are made from brass; finishes for the faucets are going to vary greatly. And, when it comes to choosing a faucet the finish is what gives it that perfect look. The finish is what impacts the appearance of your faucet the most.
When it comes to finishes you often have the choice of brushed or polished chrome, gold-plated, powder coated in a variety of colors, and brass, which can be antique, satin, or high gloss. Having so many options when it comes to the finish is nice because it allows you to find the perfect finish to match the rest of your kitchen.
Taking a look at installation
Not very many people consider the installation aspect of a new kitchen faucet, but we feel it is something worth looking at. Now obviously, if you are paying a plumber to install your kitchen faucet, installation isn’t nearly as important as if you are doing it yourself, but the easier the install the less time the plumber will be there installing it.
If you are going to install it yourself, you obviously want to find one that is not too complicated to install, the easier the better.
If you are replacing your kitchen sink, as well as the faucet you will want to install the faucet before you install the sink. Doing so beforehand makes it easier to reach the various things that need to be connected and tightened.
Doing so after installing the sink means you need to work in tight spaces under the counter. Some things to look for with kitchen faucets to help make installation as smooth as possible are long water supply hoses, as well as fittings that can be tightened with a screwdriver. Both of these make installing a faucet into a pre-existing sink easier.
If you opt for a pullout or a pull-down spout your faucet will most likely have a selector button that allows you to choose between spray and stream modes, some even come with a pause option. Different faucets will use a different technique for switching between spray and stream. Some faucets will use a single button, while other faucets will have two separate buttons to control the flow.
The only way to determine what will work best for you is to go and try out a few different options to see what works best for you. Head into your local home improvement store and pick up a faucet and pretend you are washing dishes or some other kitchen task. Use the button to see how well it works for you, paying close attention to how comfortable the button is to use.
Extras that come with kitchen faucets
For some of you this section will be more important than others. Most faucets don’t come with “extras,” it’s your premium faucets that usually do. These extras are often features that will give you something that can’t be found on most faucets, those little things that once you find out about you can’t live without.
Some examples include a soap dispenser, pot filler, temperature setting, or even water filtration. You might have to look harder for these features, but they are out there.
You might have noticed that in going over our Buyer’s Guide for the best kitchen faucet that we do not include price as a factor. Many people often look at price as a deciding factor because they don’t want to spend too much money, but price should never be a deciding factor. That doesn’t mean you can’t set a budget to work with.
All we are saying is you should never look at the price of the faucet as a main factor, cheaper is not always better. Many times you end up getting what you pay for; price is often a very good way to measure the quality of the faucet.