If you are looking for a kitchen faucet that is going to entirely transform your old and outdated kitchen, the Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down is one of the best options for you. One thing that has so many people talking about this faucet is that it offers you a traditional style, but modern conveniences.
So, what this means for you is you can update your kitchen faucet, so you can have all of the modern conveniences you desire without having to remodel your entire kitchen to match.
The Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST offers you the opportunity to have a single handle faucet that comes with a pull-down hose sprayer. Having the pull-down hose gives you that extra coverage that you need to reach those far corners. The extra features that come with the 9178-AR-DST make this kitchen faucet a mist have for the most modern kitchens.
- Touch2O Technology – The best thing about this modern convenience is you no longer have to worry about how you are going to turn your faucet on. If your hands are full all you need to do is use your elbow or side of your hand or arm to touch the spout and the water will turn on. You can also use the Touch2O Technology to turn the water off. Or if you prefer you can use the handle to access your water.
- MagnaTite Docking System – One thing many people worry about with this style of faucet is that the nozzle is going to suddenly drop out of the faucet. The 9178-AR-DST has solved this problem because they use the MagnaTite Docking System that is exclusive to Leland faucets. One of the greatest things about the magnetic attachment is that it will not wear out like a plastic catch will.
- TempSense Technology – There is nothing worse than accidentally putting your hands in a stream of spray of scalding hot water. You don’t want to turn down the water heater because than your water won’t be hot enough for properly cleaning dishes, but you still hate that nasty surprise. Leland has solved that problem with their TempSense Technology. The technology is a color indicator that is located along the base of the kitchen faucet. The band simply changes color based on the temperature of the water coming out of the faucet, blue is cool and red is hot.
- One thing that you always run into when replacing your kitchen faucet is finding one that you like that will fit the holes that you already have without having to replace your entire kitchen sink. Luckily, with the 9178-AR-DST the escutcheon plate that allows for either a three- or one-hole installation. If you like this faucet you never have to worry about how many holes your kitchen sink already has.
- Supply lines are one of those things that you never think about until you need them. Sometimes you can reuse your older supply lines, but that doesn’t mean you want to. When installing a new faucet you tend to want to use new lines, but not if you have to run to the store in the middle of the install. Luckily, the 9178-AR-DST comes with a set of InnoFlex PEX lines. The beauty about these lines is that they prevent the water inside the faucet from coming into contact with any kind of contaminants, including metal.
- With the 9178-AR-DST you have the option of choosing between two flow options at the touch of the button. The button itself, which is more like a toggle switch, is located on the back of the faucet and allows users to choose between spray or stream. Both of these options work with the faucet head held in place or with the hose extended.
- One thing that makes this faucet so much better than other pull out faucets is that the entire neck doesn’t pull out with the hose. With this kitchen faucet when you pull out the hose only the faucet head comes out, making it lighter and easier to use.
- The kitchen faucet does NOT use any “O” ring seals, which is great because that means that the kitchen faucet can’t leak like other faucets do.
- One problem with this faucet is that it will spray water all over the counter, if you are using it on full power. The good news to this though is that you generally don’t need the faucet on full spray.
- One thing to watch out for is the hose being hard to pull out, as well as having a weight on the end of the hose. It takes a lot of force to get the faucet and hose to pull out, but you will eventually get used to having the weight on the end of the hose. To help with how hard it is to pull the hose out you can lubricate the entire hose with lube for “O” rings for swimming pools.
- Perhaps the biggest drawback to this amazing kitchen faucet is its plastic retainer on the extension hose. Many people have found that it will snap off and send eater spraying everywhere, if they are not careful and sometimes even if they are careful. To solve that problem you can use two plastic zip ties to keep the plastic retainer in place.
The bottom line is the Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet is an amazing faucet for a reasonable price. The design of this faucet allows it to fit in most kitchens without having to worry about redoing the room, as it offers a traditional design in several different finishes.
The 9178-AR-DST offers users some of