If you are looking for a beautiful faucet that is going to add style, as well as functionality to your kitchen the Pfister Cagney 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet is an ideal choice. One of the great things about this faucet is that it is offers an elegant look, all while being ADA compliant. The Cagney is also NSF low lead compliant, so it is safe to install in all states that have lead content requirements in conjunction with the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act. To allow it to work in just about any kitchen the Cagney is available in 2 different finishes, black and stainless steel.
With the Pfister Cagney kitchen faucet you are going to improve the functionality of your kitchen sink, as the high arc design allows for better clearance, which enables you to fill up or even wash larger pots and pans. The faucet itself is constructed from brass, adding to its durability. The spout is 8 inches high when measured from the countertop to the highest point of the spout and has a 9-inch reach. The Cagney comes with all the hardware necessary for install, saving you both time and money.
- High Arc Spout – The spout is one of the stand-out features that Pfister offers with this kitchen faucet. The spout itself offers full 360-degree swivel ability but also features one of the higher arcs in kitchen faucets. The higher arc allows for better clearance, as well as a better reach.
- Spray Head – Another great feature of the Cagney is its pull-down spray head that offers three different functions. If you are looking to clean up the sink or even rinse off a dish or two, you can use the spray option while the stream option if perfect for normal use, such as filling. The 3rd function offered is the ability to pause, which can be used one-handed given you the perfect stop and go options.
- Pforever Seal – One complaint you hear about with installing new kitchen faucets is how they tend to leak. Some complain about it from the moment it is installed, while others notice the leak later on, usually years after having the faucet. No matter when it might start leaking if you opt for the Pfister Cagney, you will never have to worry about leaks again. This is because of the ceramic disc value, which comes with a guaranteed to never leak.
- EZ Clean – There is nothing worse in the kitchen than hard water stains. Not only are they unsightly to look at, they take some time to get rid of. And it always seems that they collect on the kitchen faucet, which means you spend hours cleaning that thing every day just so it looks nice and to prevent any stains from setting in. Well, not any more thanks to Pfister’s EZ Clean technology on the Cagney faucet. To clean the hard water build up before it sets into a stain with this faucet simply wipe it clean with just your finger.
Advantages of the Pfister Cagney
- One of the best things about this faucet is the fact that it offers a very quick install, even if you are not an experienced plumber. To help make the install quick, Pfister has included a very handy tool. Plus they offer Pfast Connect, which greatly reduces your install time. Pfast also helps ensure that you have a secure connection to your water supply lines.
- One of the greatest things about the Cagney is that it comes with a matching soap dispenser. The nice thing about the dispenser is it can be filled with whatever you want, such as lotion rather than soap or you can fill it with dish soap instead of hand soap. Having the soap dispenser is nice because it gives you the added bonus of keeping the soap off the counter.
- The Cagney is so smooth to operate that once you start using it you are not going to want to go back. The reason it operates so smoothly is because of its ceramic disc. The ceramic disc allows you to precisely adjust the power of the water flow, as well as the temperature.
- This faucet is easy to install and can be installed in a 1, 2, 3, or 4 hole countertop. Just make sure that you select the optional deck plate required based on your install. What makes this nice is that with the right deck plate you can hide the 3rd or 4thhole, the one that is not filled by the faucet and soap dispenser.
Disadvantages of the Pfister Cagney
- One complaint that people have been that the faucet hose doesn’t have enough weight. Not having enough weight makes it difficult for the hose to retract once it has been pulled out. The good news is that you can make adjustments to the weight on the hose to prevent this problem.
- Soap dispenser is a nice touch, but filling it can be a bit difficult. The soap dispenser is mounted under the sink, so it is hidden from view, but that plays a role in how easy it is to access when filing it.
When you look at the Pfister Cagney, the first thing that you might notice is the price. For some of you, it might be a bit more than you want to spend, but you need to remember with kitchen faucets you often get what you pay for. The high quality offered by Pfister, the Cagney offers a very solid and sturdy design, has been compared to the quality offered by Moen and has been declared to be of even better quality.
The bottom line is that this faucet is definitely worth the price they are asking. You get a nice, stylishly designed kitchen faucet that is going to improve functionality in your kitchen. The faucet features a Pfast connect, as well as an EZ Clean feature to help keep it looking shiny and new.